1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

CT9 Online version

Discussion in 'CT9' started by andrie, Feb 15, 2013.

1. andrie

andrie Member

Hello everyone

I am an actuarial student who has been working as a Medical claims assistant since December. However I worked in a bank for 6 months 3 years ago and I am wondering if it would be appropriate to take the CT9 online version in July, even thoughs I don't have any working experience relating to the actuarial field.

2. cjno1

cjno1 Member

Feel free to take CT9 whenever you like, it doesn't relate to any specific actuarial field, it's more of a high-level professionalism and business skills module.

The profession actually recommends that you get CT9 out of the way relatively early in your career, within 15-18 months of joining the profession. It's not a difficult course, it's just 2 days of interactive presentations followed by a multiple choice, open book test that you can attempt many times until you pass.