CT9 and work based skills

Discussion in 'CT9' started by morrisja, Jun 13, 2015.

1. morrisja

morrisja Member

I'm looking into my work based skills and realise I have to come up with 30 hours of formal learning activity. While I've definitely done this and more, my documentation of said learning has not been diligent :rolleyes:

So the question is, how much can I squeeze CT9 for in order to not have to rack my brain for 30 other hours? I presume there's a standard amount that people put down for, but couldn't seem to find it on the IFoA site. Anyone got some insight?

2. morrisja

morrisja Member

Just to answer my own question - I asked the IFoA and was told that CT9 can be used for 10 hours of formal learning :cool:

3. Schuey

Schuey Member

The Profession recommend 20 hours minimum study for CT9 so would have thought it can count for more. They have a document on their website where this is clearly stated regarding study hours.

4. morrisja

morrisja Member

I agree that 20 hours is the time they recommend for study...

I emailed the IFoA directly and received a reply from their education services dept. stating that 10 hours of CT9 can be used for the formal learning requirement - see text of reply below.

Dear James

Thank you for your email

We have checked the criteria and you are able to use 10 hours of CT9 for your formal learning WBS.

Kind regards,

Tricia Lockhart

Education Services
    Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
    First Floor · Park Central · 40-41 Park End Street · Oxford · OX1 1JD
    Tel: +44 (0) 1865 268 207