CT4 Low Pass Rates Last Chance

Discussion in 'CT4' started by JoeKing, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

I'm worried about the recent very low pass rate for CT4 in April 2018 (42.5%) down 12% from September 2017 (54.5%). Similar to CT8 the pass rate has declined dramatically over the course of the two sessions. I'm worried to lose CT6 and hope that these subjects are not purposely being set at lower pass rates in order to meet the need for the new combined subjects. It is worrying that the pass rates are not somewhat stable from session to session :( I really don't want to repeat CT6 now too :(

Best of luck to all with their studies on this subject.

2. almost_there

almost_there Member

I can't see a good reason why pass rates would drop like that and encourage people to ask IFoA for a cogent explanation.

3. Jamie Brown

Jamie Brown Member

They won't be - and so I wouldn't worry about that.
    Just concentrate on your own performance and give it your all. The volatility in the pass rate might be impacted by an increase in the number of retakers attempting it to clear both subjects. Just speculation on my part.

The key is prepare yourself properly, do loads of past papers etc. You can only control your own performance. But get yourself to a higher level that you were at last time - don't just repeat the process.

Best of luck!

4. almost_there

almost_there Member

Even if so- who's to say they didn't prepare well enough? Once again students being blamed for lower pass rates.

5. Jamie Brown

Jamie Brown Member

explanation not blame - not every event in life needs to have blame attached. Those on the other side would simply say that if they did prepare well enough then the pass rate would have been higher. Impossible to know the true story.

6. Infinity

Infinity Member

There are 7,000 people who will potentially fall into the IFoA trap of having to resit exams CT1,4,5 or 6. Several thousand additional students will also suffer having to face a double exam for CT3 and CT8. This is all after Mr Cribb has stated in the IFoA annual report that current students will not be disadvantaged by curriculum 2019. The IFoA have lied to stakeholders on consultations on the topic and should be reprimanded for their behavior. It’s not down to luck. It is down to the deceitful and unprofessional nature of the IFoA

7. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Another thread that has run its course, as points made are repeated in other threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.