CS1B Online Paper submission format

Discussion in 'CS1' started by JoanneImanuel, Sep 8, 2019.

1. JoanneImanuel

JoanneImanuel Member

For the CS1B Online Paper, can we use the knitR tool within RStudio to generate a Word Doc with the R code and output instead of copying and pasting from R into Word?

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I can't see a problem with it - why don't you reply and attach a file which includes a graph, code, comments and output and I'll put my CS1B marker hat on and have a look for you.

3. JoanneImanuel

JoanneImanuel Member

That'll be helpful, thanks. I've attached it below.

Attached Files:

Hetty likes this.
  4. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

This is absolutely perfect. And frankly I want to recommend this to other students.

5. JoanneImanuel

JoanneImanuel Member

Great, thank you.

6. Francis Mbugua

Francis Mbugua Made first post

Great skills. Congrats!!

Hetty likes this.
  7. TIBERIUSNYABIGO

TIBERIUSNYABIGO Made first post

How do you use the knitr to generate the document please help.i have all my code so how do i put it into word using knitr

8. JoanneImanuel

JoanneImanuel Member

Hi there,
    Instead of creating an R Script, you create a new R Markdown file [File>New File > R Markdown]. In the pop up that appears, type in a title and choose Word as the default output format. An R Markdown file with pre-existing code and texts will be created. Just to see if knitR works with your computer, you can try saving this file in the current working directory and then click on the Knit option and a Word document should be generated automatically. You can then amend the pre-existing code and text to suit your assignment.

I found the attachment below useful for formatting the text within the R Markdown file.

Attached Files:

9. TIBERIUSNYABIGO

TIBERIUSNYABIGO Made first post

This is nice and very helpful.i actually did on mine and it looks very good

Attached Files: