CP3 - Overseas intervention by IFoA

Discussion in 'CP3' started by almost_there, Sep 25, 2018.

1. almost_there

almost_there Member

IFoA won't answer questions on whether it has anything to do with English language competence, won't share tutorial materials nor will be transparent how much this cost IFoA. They said Acted don't hold face-to-face tutorials there as their reason to intervene. I don't buy their explanation as Acted do provide interactive online tutorials in CP3.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
  2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I had to spend £££ on an online CP3 revision day. Was the Asian material from IFOA available for free? Everybody from Asia can get an online CP3 tutorial or revision day etc. Don't have to trip in to the UK.

3. almost_there

almost_there Member

They claimed they had to pay for this but no amount was declared. Whatever the alleged fee was, I doubt this was a cost-neutral exercise. It all rather undermines Acted as well, if they think about it...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
  4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I think it is very unfair to all students who reside outside of the UK but not in the Asian countries where the additional support by IFOA was organised.

almost_there likes this.
  5. almost_there

almost_there Member

Indeed. I think it's very unfair and unreasonable that IFoA are refusing to release more information about the exercise especially the costs and what materials were shared.

6. Ace123

Ace123 Member

I have no problem with it.

7. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I know people who struggle with CP3 - non UK residents and not in Asia and would definitely appreciate extra help.

8. almost_there

almost_there Member

It should be available to everyone or no one at all. Equality.

9. Ace123

Ace123 Member

You could say that about everything though?
    is it fair that UK students have face to face tutorials when non UK students don't?
    For instance SA1 is only available in London - not even online - is that fair?

Should they have a situation that no tutorials are given unless available in all locations and online?

10. almost_there

almost_there Member

That's Acted. This thread is about IFoA's provision.

11. Ace123

Ace123 Member

You said unfair to all students who reside outside of the UK but not in the Asian countries. Almost_there is very quick to highlight words that the IFoA make, or other posts make and ask for back up - so I would why he hasn't asked you to show back up of how you can stated All students? - have you asked them all or are you just making an assumption?

12. almost_there

almost_there Member

Ace123 - refer to Derek Cribb's stats in the post above.

13. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I said Asian countries where the CP3 additional tutorial/ material was made available.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2018
    almost_there likes this.
  14. Ace123

Ace123 Member

Your statement and I quote it again for you states you think it's unfair to all students who reside outside the UK but not in the Asian countries.

Now as one of these student's I don't think it's unfair at all. In fact I think the majority of students understand why it's done and have no problem with it.

"I think it is very unfair to all students who reside outside of the UK but not in the Asian countries where the additional support by IFOA was organised."

15. almost_there

almost_there Member

I had a nice big meal for lunch. This doesn't mean I'm weird for being concerned people are starving elsewhere.

You have misunderstood what Viki said btw.

16. Ace123

Ace123 Member

Your right it doesn't but instead of helping people and telling them hints on how to get food/pass an exam, you moan and give out about the system, while your fellow students starve/fail exams.

17. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I should have written:

I think it is very unfair to all students who reside outside of the UK but not in the South East Asian countries where the additional support by IFOA.

Ace123 are you residing in South East Asia where the additional support for CP3 was provided? If you are not a resident of South East Asia but you reside somewhere else in Asia, you might be at a disadvantage because you did not receive an additional help in CP3.

almost_there likes this.
  18. Ace123

Ace123 Member

I have no problem with students in Asian counties getting extra help if that’s what the IFoA believe is needed for them.

19. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I also have no problem with students in South East Asia receiving extra help from IFOA but this help should be extended to other regions in the same format/cost in order to make the education fair.

almost_there likes this.
  20. almost_there

almost_there Member

The carbon footprint of this exercise also bothers me. What's so wrong with Acted's provision that IFoA need to send an undisclosed number of people there in person?

21. Infinity

Infinity Member

The ifoa should disclose how many first class flights they take