CP2 preparation suggestions

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Jhanani, May 31, 2020.

1. Jhanani

Jhanani Member

Hi friends,

I'm planning to write CP2 in Sep 2020 session. I have started trying past exam papers for practice.
    I'm not sure if that is enough. Request you to suggest good tips and suggestions for acing CP2.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
    Jhanani.M

2. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

Hi Jhanani,

Sharing the things that worked for me personally, of course preparing early for any exams is good, but my advice would be if you're preparing for other exams alongside CP2, to either get a grasp of CP2 early on and spend the rest of the time prep period on your other exams and get back to refreshing your mind on CP2 a couple of weeks before the exam date OR just prepare for CP2 a month or so in advance of the exam. Personally I'd go for the 1st option, but whatever you do don't waste too much time preparing for CP2 if you're sitting for other exams.

Personally, I found CP2 to be one of the easiest exams. My whole preparation time for it lasted around 5-6 weeks, with the first week or two reading the ActEd course notes (it's not much at all, and I was reading the notes on odd days during my evenings after work and a bit more on weekends). When I practiced past exam papers, I found a lot of comments in the examiners reports and solutions were repetitive, so I made a sort of "generic list" and things to look our for (max 4-5 pages) and learned them for the exam. However, I also found some comments contradicting each other from year to year, I sort of just applied judgement what I thought was best to do and took heed of what the majority said (whatever you do, my advice is don't get too bogged down on the too little details).

I got a prep day from ActEd which I believe was the biggest reason for my success in this exam; at that point I had a good understanding of what CP2 was about, but the prep day really re-directs you into what the examiners are looking for and what to look out for to score marks. I also did the assignments and Mock Exam from ActEd which really helped. I wish you well, best of luck! :)

3. Jhanani

Jhanani Member

Thanks so much for the genuine tips! I totally get your point. I will be writing one SP paper as well. So prioritizing makes a lot of sense.
    Best wishes to you too!

Jhanani.M