CP2 Exam Booking is full?

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Sneaky_Newt, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sneaky_Newt

Sneaky_Newt Member

Hi, I've recently attempted to book my CP2 exam only to see they are no longer accepting bookings. I've been studying for this exam and have a preparation day already booked in before the exam. Does anybody know anything I can do about this? Is there any waiting list or anything, so if many people are interested in taking the exam they could open more spots? I only got my approval from HR today, so was unable to book before. At least for peace of mind, could anyone explain how an online exam is full up in the first place?
    Thanks

2. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hello,

In the past due to the system having crashed, the IFoA has decided to accommodate only a particular amount of students sitting for these exams. In the website, it is advised that the sooner you book your exam, you are more certain to sit for the exam ("Each exam centre, and also the online CP2 and CP3 exams, has a set capacity and can get fully booked before the closing date. Therefore, we suggest you book early to ensure you get the exam place you are hoping for.").

In the April diet, the exam booking for CP2 was closed 1 week prior closure of official exam booking. It was mentioned in the website that they reached the maximum candidates and they will no more accept bookings. I sat for the April sitting and even though they managed to accommodate only around 900 candidates, the VLE bugged and the upload area was down when we had to submit our scripts. Having said that, I am afraid that you would have to defer your CP2 sitting for April 2020 and am sure ActEd would be able to refund/defer your preparation day for the next sitting. Otherwise, you can convert your preparation day to an Online Classroom. It will be available for 13 months and is equivalent to a preparation day which is more convenient as you can study whenever it convenes the most to you.

All best.

Sneaky_Newt likes this.
  3. almost_there

almost_there Member

Given the vast margin enjoyed by IFoA on exam fees after paying markers only a small fraction, this is an indicator of gross incompetence by IFoA.

4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

why not creating more of the available hours i.e. 9 am, 10 am, 11 am etc.

5. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Exam booking for CP2 has been open again:
    "Due to high demand for the CP2 exam, we have taken the decision to re-open bookings for a limited number of spaces. Booking for these additional spaces will be on a strictly first come first served basis.
    Bookings for CP2 ONLY will open online at 09.00 BST on Monday 5 August and close at 17.00 BST on Tuesday 6 August.
    Additional places are limited and booking cannot be guaranteed. (August 2019) "
    Please book asap.

Sneaky_Newt likes this.