1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

CP1 Sound Revision

Discussion in 'CP1' started by Lindsay Smitherman, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

2. Milly

Milly Member

That’s great news! Are there plans to do it for the ST7/8 or SA3 exams over 2022/23?

Also I am not planning on sitting CP1 until April 2022 but I am debating starting to lightly study for it from this spring or summer eg listening to the sound revision and having the core reading to hand. Would I be able to buy this almost a year in advance and still be able to use it or does it expire? Also can you listen to them offline eg on the tube? Thanks!

3. Lindsay Smitherman

Hi Milly - I would anticipate that more subjects will be released in due course but not sure there are specific plans as yet. You might want to post something in the relevant SP7/8/SA3 forums to encourage the tutors for those subjects to consider it :)

Each of the chapter files is simply a download, so once you have them you can listen to them wherever and for however long you like.

Having said that, there are going to be changes to the Core Reading and course for 2022 exams compared with the current version (= for 2021 exams). So if you buy materials now, they won't be the up-to-date ones for the April 2022 exam.

4. Niraj Shah

Niraj Shah Member

I am planning to sit Cp1 in april 2022 as well and have the same plans as you in terms of starting light revision :) how much do you plan to do over the next few months?

5. Waqar Mustaqeem

Waqar Mustaqeem Made first post

Hello, is there sound revision for 2024 CP1, seems to say on the CMP but can't find in acted

6. Lindsay Smitherman

Hi - yes there is :)
    If you go into the eStore, you will see it at the bottom of the list of CP1 products, in the left-hand column. Just click on 'Sound Revision' and it will put it into your basket. Enjoy!