1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Copy and paste...?

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Andrew Murphy, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Andrew Murphy

Andrew Murphy Member

Are we allowed to copy and paste from another word doc in the exam?

I've noticed that going through past papers I seem to be writing the same things over and over again.

I understand that the work must be our own, so no plagiarism etc., but could you copy and paste some of the parts of your answer that are relevant to all answers - the "guaranteed marks" bits, e.g. colour coding, assumptions etc., and then just tweak as necessary for the specific case? Seems like it would save some time.

2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

You are not allowed to copy and paste anything.

The rules are to do all the work from scratch in 3 hours and 15 mins and have nothing pre-prepared.

3. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi Andrew,

To answer your question: No. You must create all your electronic files from scratch during the exam (or, in Paper 2, start from the spreadsheet provided). However, there’s nothing to stop you preparing a handwritten or printed ‘crib sheet’ to work from. This could include the worksheet names and colour conventions for your spreadsheet, the section headings for the audit trail and summary, as well as any preferred wording you like to use and lists of the ‘usual suspects’ for points that often feature in the data, assumptions and next steps sections.

Kind Regards,
    Darshan

4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

In fact, I have been told by ActEd tutors in a 1 day prep day that the IFOA has a special software to check if any copy/paste or pre-prepared stuff has been done or not.

Calm likes this.
  5. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

They'll just see the time stamp of your files. All word/excel has a time at which this has been created and last time modified. If these are outside exam time, they'll know and might not mark your script.