CM2

Discussion in 'CM2' started by sids Ch, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sids Ch

sids Ch Member

Hi

i ordered CT8 material in June but i did not attempt this September. Can anyone guide me what are the significant changes with respect to the CT 8 exam.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

CM2 is quite a bit different, and bigger, than CT8, It's gained a few chapters from both CT1 and CT6, and a little bit from CT7.
    Some of the old core reading units have also been rewritten.
    And of course there are now 2 papers, the second being a new computer-based exam using Excel.

3. sids Ch

sids Ch Member

Thank you for your reply Admin.

I understand there will be two exams. One is written and the other is online exam which I believe will purely based on Excel but what I don’t understand is that what sort of things they will examine in Excel? Does acted have any sort of material or any sort of mock exam which can give us some idea?

4. Pede

Pede Member

everything you need to know is on their website - brochure, ordering, prices etc

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Our new CMPs in the CS & CM subjects have a new component that we've called PBOR (Paper B Online Resources). This has lots of worked examples and questions to help you prepare for the computer-based exam.
    Our Mock will have two papers, the second one being the computer-based paper.
    And there's also a specimen exam on the IFoA website.

6. Infinity

Infinity Member

Why were people not warned that CT8 would be bigger and involve significantly more study hours and two exams rather than one? I got an email to warn me that I would lose CT1 and CT6, but nothing ever mentioned about CT8?

Previously people have argued that the new curriculum is not going to increase time to qualification. The message from admin above confirms that CT8 is indeed much more work.

The change is that it is much more work. You now need 200 or 250 study hours instead of 125 or 150. You have to take two exams instead of one. You have to suddenly be proficient in excel. Previously the ifoa have said you can sit and pass the two exams separately and now it seems that this is not possible anymore.

If you fail you end up doing much more study and have to retake two exams rather than one. This is a huge disadvantage and will require much more work.

If you are not British you can join the IAI. They have an extra exam sitting due to the new curriculum in December so you can have an extra go at taking the old CT8. Even if you don’t pass CT8, under the Indian curriculum it says you can sit and pass the new CM2 exams independently which you can’t do with the ifoa exam.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2018
  7. Arfan Rahman

Arfan Rahman Member

Just get on with it Infinity. Just put the hours in and eventually you will pass. Always complaining wont change anything. By spamming every thread wont help change IFOA's decision.

On a brighter note you can try to apply for Indian citizenship!!!

Anu Joshi and Pede like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.