CM2 Chapters 9 and 10

Discussion in 'CM2' started by Robbie93, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Robbie93

Robbie93 Member

I am looking to sit CM2 however I have not yet studied CS2 and most of it I have found ok, so far however chapters 9 and 10 I am finding difficult. Are there any YouTube channels, books or websites you guys can recommend which will enable me to cover the underlying concepts more slowly so I can go through this again?

I was also wondering whether this is something where the foundations of these topics were covered more slowly in CS2, so has my not studying this put me at a disadvantage on these chapters in particular?

2. Joe Hook

Joe Hook ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Robbie,

You are certainly not alone in finding chapters 9 and 10 to be difficult, this is the case for the majority of students. If study budgets allow I would recommend our online classroom as they contain plenty of worked examples which may help clear things up. I've no doubt there are YouTube videos that might help but if they come from universities things might get more difficult before they get easier.

As with much of CM2 the material in this chapter will get easier with practice. Many questions are fairly formulaic in approach so I would also suggest looking at past paper questions as a way to enhance your understanding, even at this early stage.

In terms of CS2, it is a prerequisite for CM2 but only for chapter 20. The material in these chapters should be completely new to students unless they've studied it at university.

Hope this helps.
    Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Joe