1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

CM2 ASET

Discussion in 'CM2' started by actuaryinmaking, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Hi,

Has anyone ordered the ASET for CM2? I was just wondering if this is the old CT8 papers or is the ASET made up of the new material?

Thanks

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It contains the relevant questions from the old-era 2014-17 papers - mostly coming from CT8 but also some from CT1 and CT6.

3. Furiously_treading_water

Furiously_treading_water Active Member

I've noticed reference to CTs 1&6 come up a few times now - in the CM2 notes it says there's material from CT7 but I've not found any. What've I missed?

4. N_Exam

N_Exam Very Active Member

Question for ACTED.
    The ASET papers are the previous CT8 exams plus CT6 and CT1 questions added in.
    Question 1) So, It looks like some of the exams will take more than 3 hours 15 mins to answer. Would you agree with this?
    Question 2) Questions from Chapters 18 and 19 (from CT8) are in all the aset papers and so are likely to be examined at every sitting.
    Chapters 20 and 21 (from CT6) are also in all the Aset exam papers. Does this mean they are likely to be examined at every sitting also?

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

T_t_w: a very small amount of material in Chapters 4 and 7 has come from CT7.

N_E: ASET includes relevant exam questions from 2014-17. It doesn't aim to present full exam papers that can be answered in 3 hrs 15 mins. If there are more than 100 marks of relevant questions in a particular sitting then you wouldn't be expected to be able to answer them in 3hrs 15 mins.

We now have a bigger course and so it's pure guesswork to comment on what may or may not be examined.
    in Paper A.