CA3 September 2005 exam

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Ian Senator, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

What did you think of this exam?

How much use did you make of the numbers in Question 1?

Were you surprised by Question 2? If so, why?

2. It was tough!

I found CA3 in Sept 2005 hard and am convinced I've failed!

The APR question in particular was tough. On returning to the office the day after the exam, the 3 of us who did the exam compared the answers we had given and we all had different approaches.

Interested to know what other people thought of this exam.

3. parnell

parnell Member

Thought the exam was grand but probably failed it as well - I have failed CA3 before when I was convinced I passed it. ONe funny thing I see is that the specimen solutions seem to contravene many of the guidelines in the notes - VERY long sentences as well as the occassional piece of jargon thrown in.

4. zinhleh

zinhleh Member

I think CA3 is mostly a coin toss... So It can go either way - no science behind it - But I remain hopefull

5. It does feel like that! I just find it really hard to pin point exactly what they're after to gain a pass.

6. igitur

igitur Member

Quite applicable

Ok, so yes, it was tough, but Q1 was quite applicable. I think many ppl in the real world have wondered what the hell is going on on their loan statement :eek:

7. LouiseF

LouiseF Member

Scarily, when I got back to work in September, I was asked to prepare some information for out compliance department about APR calculations!!! Couldn't believe it. Did ok on the job, now I just have to find out how I did in the exam. Have to say though it's the first time that I've actually gotten to apply something I've learned studying! In fact it's probably the first time anyone has ever gotten to apply something from CA3.