1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

CA2 Problems

Discussion in 'CA2' started by C_F, Sep 14, 2018.

1. C_F

C_F Member

Did anyone else get locked out from the VLE for CA2 paper 1 when they tried to upload their submission?

The exam paper clearly stated on the front that we would be afforded 5 minutes to upload our paper at the end. I attempted to upload my submission at exactly 12.15 to find that the site had already locked.

After countless calls and emails to the institute, they took my submission by email but haven't clarified if it will be accepted. Did anyone else have the same problem?

2. bpatel28

bpatel28 Member

Hey, I had the same issue. I also encountered the same issue and submitted my model and audit trail by email. On the phone, they also said that they won't be able to confirm if the submission will be accepted.

I received an email a day later, saying we have received your submission but it didn't say whether it will be accepted for marking !

Really hoping it is, as this was a last minute exam entry to avoid doing this under the new curriculum.

3. barabash

barabash Member

The same story...
    Annoyingly, when I called them straight after uploading (they say on the VLE page to "call as soon as possible" if problems occur) nobody answered the phone!
    I had a generic email later that day with apologies "for inconvenience". Looks like it happened to many of us. Sure, they will mark our submissions as it is entirely their fault..

4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I had exact same problem. I've sent the submission by email and assumed that the time stamp on the files would be important. The screen from the virtual platform locked down before the submission time. I've called the IOA and they've confirmed that they had a "system error" and hundreds of students are affected. Later on I got an email that they've received my submission by email.

5. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Well, the screen locked down before the end of the exam. We had no possibility to submit it by the virtual environment so the only way was by email. I can't see why would it not be accepted for marking....we should get extra marks for the extra stress that we are going through due to all these online problems. CP3 was simply emailed and emailed back to IOA as the platform did not work at all at the time of the exam.

almost_there likes this.
  6. C_F

C_F Member

Glad I wasn't the only one with problems then. I think it would be incredibly unfair if our submissions weren't considered. It was all pretty stressful to say the least..

7. almost_there

almost_there Member

I totally agree but anyone who thinks this will happen by itself or that others will do the complaining for them are likely to be disappointed (not referring to you specifically). People should complain then ask IFoA to specify the remedy they're being offered.

8. Maxit

Maxit Member

As long as your solution was last saved by 12:15pm and no later you don't have anything to worry about