1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

CA2 model - best practice

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Viki2010, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

Sorry to hear Viki. Can I ask if you did the assignments and mock exams and got them marked? I believe they're pretty good representations of how one does in the exam, atleast for my case it was. Best of luck if you're doing it in April :)

2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm hoping to pass this exam in April. To answer your questions, I did a mock exam (with grading) and past papers - selections by myself - no grading. I believe there is no assignments for CA2.

3. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

There's the Series X assignments that comes with CMP but I think marking vouchers have to purchased separately if you want them graded.

4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Thanks, that might be a good idea to do. How exactly do the series X look like? Would it be paper 1 or paper 2 for each X1, X2....etc?

5. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I found the info on the website. I'm going to do it. Thanks for your tips.

Qayanaat likes this.
  6. Here is an excerpt from Additional Guidance. If the random number is <=.4, then it is a pass (1), else it is a fail (0) which is what is demonstrated in the solution.

Simulation of pass and fail indicators
    The random numbers from the U[0,1] distribution can be used to simulate a pass or fail by
    using the following rule, where Z is the pass rate and U is the random number:
    if U <= Z, the exam is passed;
    if U > Z, the exam is failed.