CA1 before finishing CTs?

Discussion in 'CA1' started by jen098, Jul 19, 2018.

1. jen098

jen098 Member

I only have 2 CTs left to do but I have found myself in a situation where it might make sense to start studying now for CA1 (turning into CP1) for the April exams.

I was just wondering if it is mad to sit CA1 before you have done all the CTs? Also has anyone passed it first time?

2. ukanttouchme

ukanttouchme Member

I don't think it's mad. I wouldn't say there was much correlation between the CTs and CA1 but CA1 is probably slightly easier with more work experience (so that you can see some of the ideas in practice). Hence it seems natural to wait until you've done the CTs, purely from a time perspective, but if it makes more sense for you to do it now then why not? I passed CA1 first time after attempting all of the CTs although I had two left to pass. I don't think the first time pass rate for CA1 is that bad but it's definitely one that you can get stuck on. Provided you don't underestimate it and do plenty of exam technique practice you should be fine.

Good luck!

3. bystander

bystander Member

People have done this before but the CP1 material isn't available to buy yet. So maybe this is the one occasion you might not want to do this.