1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Both halves of CT4

Discussion in 'CT4' started by Little Miss Actuary, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Hi

I am sitting both halves of CT4. I emailed the institute to ask them whether we are required to pass both halves of the paper in order to pass overall, or whether we just need to obtain enough marks over the paper as a whole. E.g. if the pass mark for both halves was 60%, and you got 40% in one half and 100% in the other, would you pass or fail? Does that make sense!?

This was their answer:

"Each CT4 paper has an individual pass mark, however, a pass is required in both papers to achieve a pass in the whole exam."

:( I thought other people might want to know too.

2. Dha

Dha Member

Our ActEd tutor swore you only had to get an overall pass mark! :mad:

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It's ActEd's understanding, based on discussions we have had with the Profession some time ago, that if you are taking the whole of CT4 then you will treated pretty much the same way as though it was any other 3 hour paper. There will be an overall pass mark (which may be different to the pass mark for CT4(103) or CT4(104)).

Update:

We've now checked this out with the Profession and this is correct. There's no minimum mark required for each part if you are taking the whole of CT4.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  4. Sorry about the miss-information guys. At least it's good news :D

I've also just noticed that this has already been discussed on the other board - I'm new to this :eek: These boards are great, it's a shame more students don't use them.

5. Gareth

Gareth Member

what other board?