1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Best method of preparation

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Viki2010, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

For this exam there are no X series assignments.
    What is the best way of preparing?

- I've gone through the notes
    - attempted IOA papers
    - attended preparation day
    - will do MAP A

Anything else that I can do to increase my chance of passing?

2. jimplenty

jimplenty Member

Based on experience, CA2 deal breaker tends to be "time". I would say if you can finish the paper (not model only! paper = model + audit trail) within the allocated time, you are in good shape.

3. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I finished in time but in normal circumstances the audit trail and model and summary would be much better. It is a shame that there is so much time pressure. It does not allow to actually produce a submission that you would normally produce in a normal work environment.

4. almost_there

almost_there Member

Then I wonder how it can be a competence standard that is being tested.

5. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

The time pressure was so huge for me. I would like to ask for advice in case I need to sit CP2 next. What would you do for paper 2 if running out of time:
    1. Option 1 - produce all required result charts and provide a couple of bullet points for analysis for each of them OR
    2. Option 2 - produce only 3 out of 4 charts and provide 4-5 bullet points - more elaborate analysis of results

?

How is everyone handling/ dealing with the time pressure for this exam?

6. Ace123

Ace123 Member

When I sat CA2, I didn't get the model finished, but what I did do - was detail my report, and what I had planned to do had I had the time, the report is supposed to be such that your team mate or whoever reads it, can understand what you are doing and follow it with ease.

7. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

OK, so basically, you would not include all the requested charts and just put a comment in next steps - develop the model further for this specific missing piece of info etc.???