Banking fellowship

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by Edwin, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

The Actuarial Society (of South Africa), has announced the introduction of a new Fellowship Applications subject, namely Banking (F206).

ASSA is the first actuarial association internationally to offer a Banking subject at the Fellowship Applications level and there is already a lot of interest from other actuarial bodies in the subject. First exam in November 2015.

I'm in!

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Actuaries are taking over South Africa (& the world)?

3. Harashima Senju

Harashima Senju Ton up Member

That's great news! Can you be an associate actuary with all CT's and CA1 in South Africa like what's going to happen soon with the IFOA

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I'm not sure about associateship but don't stress, i don't think i mind even if someone gets Associateship with one exam.

I'm looking forward 2 seeing the Banking fellowship syllabus, how will it differ from Finance. Will they have Marketing, Corporate Banking , Complete Basel III, Retail Banking, Structured Products, Risk Management Topics, Regulation, Derivatives, Investment Banking, Commodities, Hedge Funds, any areas where Actuaries can add value and bring something different???

I have a friend who learnt how to apply Embedded Value to his Corporate Banking job!

5. Bidza

Bidza Member

I am in too Edwin. I think it will be an interesting subject.:)