1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Assignments format of submission

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by JonRowney, Jun 1, 2020.

1. JonRowney

JonRowney Member

Hi - can I submit my (SA4) assignments typed up in Word? Two reasons for this:
    - this is how we need to sit the exam in September so makes sense to practice
    - my home printer/scanner produces pdfs bigger than ActEd's 4Mb limit once the pages go above 4 or 5 (I cannot see how to alter any setting to avoid this and have looked into this previously and it seems extreme to buy a new printer/scanner for this reason).

I thought this was bound to have been asked before now but I do not see this mentioned anywhere on ActEd site or these discussion forums?

Thanks!

2. studier

studier Member

I have done assignments and mocks in Word (saved as a PDF) and they have been marked and no one has said anything.

JonRowney likes this.
  3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Yes, fell free to type your answers; it makes sense to. But please save the file as a pdf before submitting to us; and don't forget the cover sheet.
    Many thanks

4. JonRowney

JonRowney Member

Thanks for this. I take it I send the cover sheet as a separate scanned pdf as normal in addition to my pdfd word file? Not sure I can join them together. Or if there was a word template cover sheet available I could have that as the first page of my word doc?

5. Helen Evans

Helen Evans Ton up Member Staff Member

Hi
    Thanks for raising this. If you can please send the cover sheet as a separate scanned pdf that would be great and we will consider adding the word docs to the website in the near future.

thanks

Helen

JonRowney likes this.
  6. Helen Evans

Helen Evans Ton up Member Staff Member

Hi

Just to say that the cover sheets are now available in word format on our website.

thanks

Helen