1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

ARN as a header or footer

Discussion in 'CA2' started by barabash, Aug 25, 2018.

1. barabash

barabash Member

Hi! I 've just noticed that each past CA2 paper states: " each file should contain your ARN as a header or footer" Does it apply to both Word and Excel files? What is the purpose of this? As far as I understand Excel's headers can be seen only if you want to print it..

2. jimplenty

jimplenty Member

In my opinion, the purpose of putting ARN as a header or footer is for marker's convenience. On average, a marker marks about 40 to 80 scripts and it could be confusing as to which audit trail/summary the marker is marking - even more confusing when the marker needs to put the marks into a consolidated spreadsheet.

Whilst it's true that there are other sources (like the name of the word doc/excel) that a marker can refer too, looking at the header or footer is just quicker and it makes his/her life easier. For Excel, perhaps putting your ARN at cell A1? That will do the job.

Honestly, it wont pass or fail you if you don't put them as a header or footer. There are other more material things to look for when a marker marks.

barabash likes this.
  3. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Header and footer in the Excel model???