Appeal exam results

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by rave23, Jul 5, 2019.

1. rave23

rave23 Member

Hi all

I suffered from a serious illness and did not sit my last exam for while. Last September I sat the exam and my doctor provided and filled in the medical note to allow me 10% extra time for the exam. When I submitted this information to the institute, they did not provided 10% extra time but 10% extra for rest breaks.

I found this outrageous and argued with the institute but they did not overturn their decision and stated that they have done there own internal analysis of my health (note they are not professional health care people or know my health issues). At the end I gave up as the institute did not want to back down.

I sat the exam in September and failed by 3 marks.

For my April 2019 exam, my doctor provided me a filled in version of the institute medical form and stated that I should have 10% extra time and again the institute ignored this advice and provided me 10% extra for rest breaks.

I sat the exam and around 2 months ago they asked for feedback about the arrangement provided. I ignored this email but they sent me another email 1 month ago for feedback. This time I provided them feedback stating that what was provided was insufficient and they put me at a disadvantage and ignored the advice of my doctor.

Then last week, a week before the exam they sent me an email stating that they will provide me 10% extra time for the next two exams. This was really terrible as the institute implied that I failed my April 2019 exam and it demonstrated that they should have provided me the extra time.

I just found out I failed my exam again by 4 marks.

I am thinking of appealing this exam and hope to overturn the decision and I just wanted to understand from others if:
    1. Do you think I can win?
    2. Will they overturn a 4 mark difference

Any advice will be welcome.

2. almost_there

almost_there Member

Their attitude and approach is absolutely disgraceful but sadly not new, or a one-off. One gets the impression adjustments are not welcome.