Answer script in Word

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Lauren, Mar 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Lauren

Lauren Keen member

Hi there, I've had a look at the IFoA's exams handbook for 2021 and I just want to confirm, do we use our own Word documents for the script or do we have to download some form of template from the IFoA?

I've seen that we need to start each question on a new page but would we be ok to show our multiple choice answers (CB1) on a single page? It would seem a little silly to have just a letter on each page.

Are there any other recommended formatting issues we should be aware of? I think I'll include page numbers and my ARN in the header/footer but not sure if there's anything else we should be doing as well.

Thanks in advance :)

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

As a marker for CS1B, I know that there is no template for our subject.
    Please don't include your name - but do include your ARN.

3. Noreen

Noreen Keen member

I sat CB1 last September. Like you I thought it would be silly to put all the MCQs on individual pages, so I put them on one page. I then gave the long questions an individual page each. I just typed "Question 7" etc. at the top of my answer and continued. That seemed to be fine but I didn't get any kind of confirmation from anybody. There is specific guidance about what needs to be in your header/footer in the Online Examination Handbook on the IofA website.