Acted Marking

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Dar_Shan0209, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hello everyone

I have noticed something that's a bit unusual and I was very irritated about this. I have bought CP3 Mock 1 and had it marked by a marker. I assume that ActEd released Mock 2 for students who want to have more practice or even if someone has attempted Mock 1 earlier can use this version of Mock. But what I noticed is that Mock 2 you cannot buy Mock marking and instead Marking voucher. I don't find any reasons why? Marking vouchers gives the flexibility of deferring your marking but if someone wants to have it marked now why should he bear the cost of Marking voucher instead of Marking?

In the country where I am situated, the following are the costs:
    CP3 Mock Marking: 75.60
    CP3 Marking Voucher: 85.20

So, I really think this is not fair to students. We work and want to invest in buying educational materials but however need to pay so high?

Any view on this?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the question.
    It's partly a hangover from Mock 2 being part of our Additional Mock Pack (AMP), which it will be again next year. The AMP will contain Mocks 2 and 3 and we didn't used to get many submitted and so didn't create a specific marking product for either mock.
    But we would charge extra for marking an additional mock due to the number we expect to be submitted, which based on past experience, will be a small fraction of the number of main Mock Exams we receive. Unfortunately it takes longer to mark scripts with which we are less familiar.
    Best wishes

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019