2017 Sept Paper 1 Q6

Discussion in 'CA1' started by Kar Kiat Tan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Kar Kiat Tan

Kar Kiat Tan Member

Hi ActEd,
    The question discussed about general male mortality being higher than female, with steep increase for male from age 17 to 25.
    Practical in real life, it is explained by driving behaviour of young adults, and the examiner's report focus on that area as well.
    However, the question does not mentioned anything about bad driving behaviour, until probably part (iii).
    As we are tested for our breadth of knowledge, are we still able to obtain credit if we answer something else but valid?
    Eg. Males start to working at age that would explain the mortality at higher at age 5 (for part (i))?
    Eg. The mortality increase for female is not due to reckless driving (part (iii))?

Thanks a bunch!

2. AXA

AXA Member

My concern exactly. Sometimes you see in the Mark Schemes marks awarded for points irrelevant to the question.

For the same paper question 5 no marks were awarded for any Insurance Supply points which in my opinion will be impacted by changes in climate i.e more risk averse companies may exit market and thus impact premium levels and vice versa.