1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Q&A Part 9 Q5

Discussion in 'CA1' started by Nossy, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Nossy

Nossy Member

This question asks about the risks relating to a with-profit endowment policy. I took this to mean a pure endowment policy but the answers talk about an endowment assurance... Is it obvious that this would be an endowment assurance - am I missing something? :confused:

2. Lynn Birchall

Lynn Birchall ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hello

Based on a brief look through past papers, the examiners tend to use "endowment assurance" rather than just "endowment" which hopefully removes the confusion.

If a question did refer to an "endowment", this is generic - ie could be either an endowment assurance of a pure endowment. (This is consistent with how the terms are defined in the CA1 Core Reading).

I've made a note to clarify this question to "endowment assurance" though for the next version of CA1 - thanks for pointing it out.

Hope this helps and that the studying's going well
    Lynn

3. D_Vaid

D_Vaid Member

CT8 and ST6

can any suggest me the numbers of hours required to studay both these papers together ?

4. Anna Bishop

Anna Bishop ActEd Tutor Staff Member

There's a guide on the profession's website:

http://www.actuaries.org.uk/students/help_support/student_handbook/study_hours#1

But this is just a guide. If it was me I would want to put in enough hours to:

- read both courses
    - do all the Q&A questions
    - do all the X assignment questions
    - do all the past paper questions from at least the last 3 years, if not 5 years
    - learn the key formulae and bits of bookwork

Scary!