CS2 Part B: R packages

Discussion in 'CS2' started by George Philip, Jan 13, 2023.

1. George Philip

George Philip Active Member

I was practicing the part B questions and had a doubt on the use of packages.

Are we allowed to use any package to arrive at the answer? Or do we have to stick to the ones given in the question?

I find solving ML and time series questions easier with other 'foreign' packages that are not mentions in either the course notes nor the PBOR and was hoping to use them if allowed.

2. Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi George

I would not be using any packages outside of those listed as required for the exam. This list will be in the 2023 CS2 guide that will be released at some point before the exam.

All the best

Andy

George Philip likes this.
  3. George Philip

George Philip Active Member

Thank you Andrew for the reply.

I had a further doubt regarding the packages.

Are we allowed to use packages such as "Tidyverse" to help with data wrangling when solving the Part B questions?

4. Andrew Martin

Hi George

I would not be using any packages not in the list of required packages for the exam.

All the best

Andy

5. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

Hi Andy,

Could you please share the link to the guide that you are referring to? I searched it online, but could not find the guide anywhere. I came across the syllabus material, but it does not list any details on the packages that can be used.

Thanks!

6. Andrew Martin