How to complete Audit trail if stuck in modelling

Discussion in 'CP2' started by George Philip, Jul 26, 2023.

1. George Philip

George Philip Active Member

Hi,

I attempted CP2 in the April 2023 sitting a fell short by a few marks. My main problem was Paper 1.
    I was working on the modelling part when I arrived at a wrong answer. This was due to some formula and assumption mistakes that I had made earlier. Due to time constraint, it was not possible to go back and rectify the modelling error. I ended up losing marks on both the modelling part and the audit trail.

In this scenario, what should be done so that marks can still be attained from the audit trail?
    Should I enter proxy values and proceed with the modelling?

Thanks

Pooja likes this.
  2. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi George

Sorry to hear you didn't pass CP2. Getting the wrong answer in the modelling for Paper 1 doesn't lose many marks (just for that part of the question). However, obviously if you realise you have made an error it may slow you up, and make it can make it more difficult to move on to a later part of the question.

If you think you have made an error, the best thing to do is keep going. If an answer looks obviously wrong, acknowledge it in the audit trail, and move on. Your audit trial then needs to document what you have done (even if it is incorrect). That way you will maximise the marks you can earn.

If you really can't see how to complete part of the modelling, do something sensible (make a simplifying assumption, hardcode a value if you have to), document it, and move on. You may lose marks for simplifying the problem but not as many marks as if you don't complete the modelling/audit trail.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your resit.

Sarah

newbie and George Philip like this.