Modern probability - chapt 9

Discussion in 'CM2' started by Jen L, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Jen L

Jen L Keen member

Why is this included in the Core Reading? This topic doesn't appear in the syllabus, practice questions or any other material. Before I disregard it completely, has anyone found this section useful? My best guess is that it is intended to provide some context for the later sections on Brownian motion.

2. Bill SD

Bill SD Very Active Member

@Jen L -An Acted tutor advised me to just ignore that section. The Acted notes for Chapters 9-11 need a complete revamp (in my humble opinion) as found them incredibly confusing and difficult to follow. (although to their credit, I'd be even more doomed if only had the Core Reading).

3. Jen L

Jen L Keen member

Thanks Bill. I can't get into the tutorials so this is helpful. Agree that chapt 9-11 are hard to follow. Content not that difficult but structured poorly and verbose, imo.

4. Bill SD

Bill SD Very Active Member

would recommend Acted Classroom as an alternative to tutorials -have found them far clearer than the Chapter notes and walk you through answers for a sample of past exam questions.

5. Jen L

Jen L Keen member

Already have the online classroom - but that can use an update too. It seems to be any CT8 content that is relevant to CM2 as the content doesn't match the Core Reading very well.

Bill SD likes this.