Update to 2023 materials

Discussion in 'SA2' started by nikita agarwala, Mar 12, 2023.

1. nikita agarwala

nikita agarwala Keen member

Hi, is the examiners reports in IFOA website updated with latest study material?

Also, I have 2022 version of 2019-2022 ASET papers. Do you think it's worth purchasing 2023 version of the same? Also, I have a copy of 2018 version of ASET 2014-2017 past papers. Do you think I should purchase the latest ASET copy (which I believe is 2022 version).

2. Em Francis

Em Francis ActEd Tutor Staff Member

hi
    The latest version of ASET will have the latest exam in so you may want to purchase to get access to the September 2022 paper.
    The 2014-2017 ASET are old ASETs which have not been updated for any changes to Syllabus or Core Reading since the 2022 exams. You may therefore prefer to use the Examiners' Reports instead, which are freely available from the IFoA website.
    Hope this helps.

3. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi - just to clarify re your first question, the IFoA Examiners' Reports are not updated to allow for changes to the Syllabus or Core Reading that have happened since the date of the exam. Our ASET product for the 2014-2017 papers has been updated for all Syllabus changes up to the 2022 exams, including the move to no longer being UK specific in 2019. As mentioned above, it has not been updated for the 2023 exams, but actually very little has changed for this year. The ASET product would therefore give you the more up-to-date version.

nikita agarwala and Em Francis like this.