CM1: Assignment X4-12

Discussion in 'CM1' started by ykai, Feb 23, 2023.

1. ykai

ykai Ton up Member

This question ask for EPV of annuity to male life +EPV of annuity to female life following death of male in first 5 years +EPV of annuity to female life where both survive to age 65
    EPV of annuity to female life following death of male in first 5 years &EPV of annuity to female life where both survive to age 65 is based on"This annuity commences on the monthly payment date next following, or coincident with, the date of his death or from the 5th policy anniversary, if later, and is payable for the lifetime of his wife."
    I can't understand logic of "This annuity commences on the monthly payment date next following, or coincident with, the date of his death" is expressed by "EPV of annuity to female life following death of male in first 5 years".
    If male died within the first to fifth year, wouldn't it exclude money from then to 67 age?
    EX: male died at end of 1st year, female should get adue(12):63 not adue(12):67.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  2. Joe Hook

Joe Hook ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi,

If I understand this correctly then you're right that if the male dies at the end of the 1st year the female would start receiving payments immediately BUT we have already allowed for the payments in the first 5 years as they are guaranteed. Hence we then only need value the payments from ages 67 for the female assuming the male has died and the female is still alive.

If i've misunderstood the question, please let me know.

Thanks
    Joe

ykai likes this.
  3. ykai

ykai Ton up Member

Thank you for helping me break through my blind spots.
    I ignored that guarantee for 5 years.
    Because of the guarantee for 5 years, it don't need to calculate what I said.

Thank you very much.