CP1 Sep 2021 Pass Mark

Discussion in 'CP1' started by nyaman, Dec 9, 2021.

1. nyaman

nyaman Very Active Member

Hi,
    Any idea on the pass mark for CP1? I failed again:(

Ethan likes this.
  2. "The Pass Mark for this exam was 55
    708 presented themselves and 254 passed."

Ethan likes this.
  3. vandanah

vandanah Made first post

I fail too but there is a big difference between marker 1 and marker 2 for one paper around 20 mks

4. Don't you think that this amounts to negative marking because if Marker 1 says you made a valid point then half of that point gets wiped out because Marker 2 says it isn't a valid point.

pjlee01 likes this.
  5. nyaman

I feel for you. It is really painful. At this point, I really don't know what to do, was 2 marks shy from the pass mark. On all papers, I got a script review that ended up giving me the same mark for both Papers. Honestly, I think it is my poor exam technique, and I seem to really struggle with long questions. I really want to ensure a pass this April. I need a different strategy I feel I have read the course over and over again so I guess my main focus should be past exam paper practice even those dating back to 2010 I might learn something new. I definitely need some advice.

pjlee01 likes this.
  6. nyaman

I have finally cleared this exam. :) I am really happy I guess heavy question practice was the differentiating point from my other attempts.

Lindsay Smitherman likes this.
  7. vandanah

vandanah Made first post

Hi congrats. I fail again. Can u share your techniques. How many years back u have done past papers

8. nyaman

I did past papers from 2010 up to date including the ones I did before. The difference is for each question where I did not get the solution I thought of what I could have thought about to get the full solution in a particular scenario. Thinking about the bigger picture and how the chapters in the course link together. Where I was stuck I would think of;
    -common themes such as regulation, tax, competition, diversification, admin
    -acronyms that could work
    -role play
    -question background detail that might generate some ideas
    -implications e.g., if A happens then B happens which causes C and affects stakeholder D
    -stakeholder implications on particular actions
    I hope this helps. If you can do a mock the feedback is really helpful too.

MJK23 likes this.