Exam solving for SA2 examination

Discussion in 'SA2' started by Utkarsh Srivastava, May 6, 2021.

1. Hello, can I ask a question related to the above topic although I have not given the SP8 rather the SA2 attempt on the April 2021 examination. What if we write a lot of additional points in our solution? How will examiners view that? and whether it will increase my chance to score higher numbers?

2. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Utkarsh

Your question relates to any of the later exams, not just SP8 and SA2. So I'll answer more generally.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'additional'. However, if you write something down that is correct and matches the point on the schedule, then you'll get the credit. If you write something incorrect, then you won't get credit. The more you write that is correct, the higher your score, but that takes time. Writing incorrect things wastes time but you don't get negative marks.

Ian

3. Hi Ian
    Thanks for the reply,
    My question was related to the SA2 examination.
    In additional points I mean to say what is considered enough number of points necessary to score full marks in a particular question.
    The same reference is used in ASET material, so I referred to that.
    However, I think you have already replied to my question.
    If you want to add any additional insight that could be helpful.

4. Ian Senator

I don't think SA2 is different from any other exam, but one of my SA2 colleagues will undoubtedly correct me if I'm wrong!
    In marking schedules, any point that is valid will score. The examiners will limit the marks given if there are more valid points than marks available (ie you can't score more than 100% on a question part).
    In ASET, we split things out (this is explained at the start of ASET) so that you can see what would score 100% (ish), but then any of the 'additional points' would score equally well.
    Hope that addresses your concerns.
    Ian

Lindsay Smitherman likes this.
  5. Thanks for your reply. It certainly addresses my concerns and doubt.
    Let me be more clear, that if I write 'additional points' in any question the only disadvantage is I have lost some valuable exam time, with a possible compensation of scoring higher numbers subject to maximum on that particular question.
    Am I right?
    I understand your points clearly and I understand if there is no single answer to my question.
    Again your insights are really useful for me.

6. Ian Senator

correct

7. Thanks for your reply Ian,
    Just want to shoot one more question regarding my SA2 examination.
    How seriously does the examiner consider the grammatical errors or mistakes in the exam solution?
    and how important that is while writing the solution?

8. Ian Senator

Grammar and spelling aren't important at all (except for Subject CP3) as long as the examiner can understand what you're saying.