1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on April 2021?

Discussion in 'CS2' started by ActuaryGirl, May 5, 2021.

?

How did you find CS2?

1. Horrible

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. Not too bad

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Easy

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. ActuaryGirl

ActuaryGirl Made first post

Also is there a document anywhere with the solutions?

personally I found it much harder than the previous ones :( I think I’ll be resitting it for sure

pjlee01 likes this.
  2. yuli2513

yuli2513 Very Active Member

I also found it harder than previous ones, and I had the wrong idea that there would be 25% multiple choices. Needless to say, I could not finish all the questions. Now also worrying.

pjlee01 likes this.
  3. pjlee01

pjlee01 Ton up Member

4. yuli2513

Indeed, I left a comment to IFoA that I find the communication this time way worse than that of the 2020 Sept sitting. I remember they listed all "deltas" of the policies whenever there was one for that sitting, which I appreciated a lot.

pjlee01 likes this.
  5. nanaba

nanaba Keen member

I honestly lost my words when describing this exam. From dropping the MC questions to adding a machine learning example, which I had not even a clue where to start. This was the worst exam I have ever sat although I dont think I was ever more prepared for an exam. My only hope goes to dropping the pass mark. They are obviously twisting things around since they are more afraid about people cheating than actually testing people's knowledge.

6. jack99

jack99 Member

Have you passed? I got 47 and failed of course.

7. yuli2513

I'm lucky here, I got 77 and passed. 47 is really not that far away from the pass line given experience and given the increased level of difficulty this time. I feel terribly sorry for you.

8. Laura

Laura Very Active Member

I failed too at 47- any thoughts/advice on how best to prepare for a resit? Thanks!

9. LiamF

LiamF Made first post

Failed at 47 also. This was a repeat for me so I am really gutted. I dis-improved from the last time, having only just missed the passing line! I dont feel too uncomfortable with the material but I was thrown by the way the Copula and ML questions were put. They are not awful to understand, its just the exam conditions. I don't feel the study material is sufficient, particularly in these areas (any help here from the passers?!). Im not great at R but had loads of preparation for Q3 so I completed most of the question and that was nearly 50 marks if I remember. So yeah, really disappointed.