sign-off PPD before passing the last exam to qualify

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by cw812, May 4, 2021.

1. cw812

cw812 Keen member

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone here who signed off their PPD before qualify as Associate or Fellow? Say you had 24 months of experience but still have CP exams to complete, can you just sign off your PPD first while you are still completing your remaining CP exams? If yes, do you remain as a student member so you do not have to complete CPD until you qualify as Associate or Fellow? Basically I want to complete PPD as soon as possible, but also want to avoid CPD as this is not a mandatory requirement for students, hence exploring whether you can complete PPD but not commence CPD as a student while you are completing exams.

Again, another scenario would be that you cannot sign off until you pass your last exam, so you have to keep doing 3 credits and 2 learning hours per year.

I was hoping to get some quick answers before i emailed IFoA directly.

Best Regards,
    cw812

2. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi,
    Final sign off form is filled only when you have all the requirements to qualify either Associate or Fellow. To qualify for this, you would have completed your exams, have your PPD requirements and completed a PSC. When you submit the final sign-off, the Education Services Team will first check this requirement along with other administrative checks. It then goes for full content review to the Quality Team. If they are happy with your submissions, only then the PPD is signed off and you receive a Transfer to Associate/Fellow form to sign.
    Hope this helps.

3. cw812

cw812 Keen member

thanks so much for your quick reply! it looks like i have to keep doing PPD until i pass all exams. :(

also that means applying PPD sign off always comes last.