Timestamp on script

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Lauren, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Lauren

Lauren Keen member

Hi there

I sat my first exam yesterday and finished within the exam time, but autosave was on and I closed the document just after the time was up so the timestamp on my script was 10 seconds over (ie my exam was 9-12:15 and my time stamp is 12:15:10). Is this going to be a problem and will my script not be marked? I have heard from my colleagues that the timestamp should be before the exam end time but I haven't seen this anywhere in the assessment regulations and I'm slightly worried even though I didn't make any changes after the time was up.

Any reassurance would be appreciated!

2. Autodidactuary

Autodidactuary Keen member

If it helps, all my exam scripts last year were saved during the minute the exam was supposed to have ended (e.g. 12:15, in this case) and I never had any issues.

3. associate

associate Active Member

I would think they would be ok with anything in the minute of 12:15. You should stop writing but you might need 30 seconds or so to ensure line spacing and the numbering is correct. They must have a margin of error, I usually set my alarm for 12:14 and start making those checks which usually take just more than a minute. Obviously if you save at like 12:17 or later it will be unacceptable.

4. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi @Lauren
    Rest assured i don't think the IFoA gonna be harsh because of that. I'm quite sure they allow for a margin.
    Best wishes.

5. Tufayel Islam

Tufayel Islam Member

Hi guys, do you think 9:46:06 is fine (deadline 9:45 for CS1B)?

6. barabash

barabash Member

As long as you uploaded it successfully within the window for uploading, it 's fine. Got a confirmation of that from the exam support team.

7. BrianCunningham

BrianCunningham Active Member

I would like to think 10 seconds isn't going to be an issue. I highly recommend Autosave being on just in case your PC crashes / power goes out etc. Imagine losing 3+ hours' work if the worst were to happen at the worst possible time!:eek:

8. barabash

barabash Member

If you use MS Office 365 and store your file on OneDrive, it automatically saves your work every few seconds apparently. Even if your PC permanently crashes, you can connect to OneDrive from another one and retrieve your file. I always have another laptop ready as a backup.

9. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

Would OneDrive be allowed under the rules? Especially as it would enable the easy sharing of your exam script.