1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Pandemic questions

Discussion in 'SA3' started by N15, Apr 15, 2021.

1. N15

N15 Keen member

Hi,

This was a question to Acted tutors as well as students.
    Have you come across any past questions that are based on a pandemic?
    I haven't seen any so far but was wondering if I had missed any or haven't covered enough papers to see them?

2. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Not in any of the GI subjects, no. Haven't looked in others, eg health, life...

3. randomWalker

randomWalker Keen member

I'd really feel for a candidate that might have lost loved ones during the Pandemic, then getting asked questions regarding it in the exam.

CapitalActuary likes this.
  4. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yes, some may think a question on this topic might be a bit 'raw'. Although I do recall, in September 2002's SA3 exam, a question all about a 'disaster'. The scenario was a series of earthquakes, but given the World Trade Center disaster in 2001, it's not hard to imagine where they got the idea from. So I wouldn't dismiss the idea altogether.