1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating your answer script document

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Lauren, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Lauren

Lauren Keen member

Hi there

Do we have to create the Word answer script doc just as the exam starts, or are we able to set up a blank doc just before? I'm thinking that creating a Word doc with the headers eg ARN and page numbers in before will just save me a little bit of time that's all.

Obviously in a normal exam you would be able to fill in all your details before it starts!

pjlee01 likes this.
  2. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi,
    I did that during the previous sessions and I have not been penalised in any way. Just ensure that you save your exam within the exam permitted time as they will be checking the timestamp of the file. For example, if the exam time is 09 00 to 12 15 UK time, I would ensure that the last saved is roughly around 12 14 - 12 15.
    Hope this helps.

John Lee and Lauren like this.
  3. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yes, but don't include your name - markers aren't supposed to know!

pjlee01 likes this.
  4. N93

N93 Member

Probably worth noting that you can't just do it super early, the created time for a word file will be the time you first opened the document rather than when you first save it, so like if you do it like a few minutes before the exam that probably is fine, the day before would be questionable!

5. wwatson

wwatson Keen member

Do we need to right click on the word doc, go properties, and remove all personal information? Cos even if you dont include name on the filename, you can still see Author / Last Saved By by right clicking.

6. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

I wouldn't have thought so. Markers probably don't get the actual Word file, more likely it is loaded into a marking system.

7. anees aslam

anees aslam Keen member

What happens if there are any links in a excel file but that file also belongs to you? Will u be penalized as it was done in a hurry due to system issue? It happened to one of my friend