Problem Trying to create account for online exams

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Canuck_Act, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Canuck_Act

Canuck_Act Keen member

Hi guys!

I am trying to follow the link in email sent by IFOA, the very first link, and i get message that

"We can't find that page

We're sorry, we can't find the page you are looking for. You may need to be logged in to see it."

I logged in the IFoA and still had the same problem.

This was link to the screenshots, so i could follow exactly what to do.

Anybody else able have trouble with the link?

Cheers!

pjlee01 likes this.
  2. Autodidactuary

Autodidactuary Keen member

I got the same - looks like they're linking to a PDF dated Sept 2020 which doesn't seem to exist anymore. Were you able to create an account and/or login to the exam platform?

I've had some trouble with the platform this time round, contrary to last sitting: the login code that gets sent via SMS doesn't always arrive, so I tried asking for it to be resent a few times and then a few hours later I received several login codes on my phone in a row. It looks like they've added an option to have the code be sent to your e-mail instead, which seems to be working more reliably than the SMS code.

Also, for some reason I can't access the online platform unless I use the exam platform URL beginning with www5 - I had the www1 URL bookmarked from last sitting which was giving me issues, so hopefully that might provide a solution for anyone else having similar problems!

pjlee01 likes this.
  3. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi,
    It is recommended that you clear your history/cache and then start the process of creating your account (think I saw that somewhere). Anyone facing issues, please raise the same to examsupport@actuaries.org.uk. They should be able to assist you.