Master's Program in the UK and Future Prospects (Kent / CASS/ Heriot-Watt)

Discussion in 'Careers' started by Nitish Banka, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Nitish Banka

Nitish Banka Member

Dear All,

Would it be a good idea to pursue Master's in Actuarial Sc. from CASS / Kent in the coming years?

A little background behind the thought. By the fall of 2022, I would have completed all my CT exams (basis, the old curriculum) and would roughly have 5 years of experience in General Insurance / P&C domain in the Indian insurance space. (About 3 years into reserving and 2 years into motor pricing).

Hopefully by then, the situation with COVID would normalize. With Brexit, the visa restrictions have liberalized as compared to before.

Primary purpose about considering the master's program is the entire international university experience. Secondarily, the exemptions for CA and ST exams.

Would definitely want to get the chance to work in the UK eventually. But I understand that is conditional on a lot of factors. What do you think would be the situation of employment for foreign students, basis the description of my profile?

It would be really helpful to get a few opinions and perspective.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and for your guidance in advance.