HELP!! re: SA7 Online Tutorial Login

Discussion in 'SA7' started by Canuck_Act, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Canuck_Act

Canuck_Act Keen member

Hello all!

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I am in a bind.

I signed up for the SA7 online tutorials, and for the Day 1 session, Acted has broken up the day's session in 4 video files.

The other day, I was able to watch the Day 1 first video, by clicking the links provided by Acted and using the 4 digit pin code provided.
    I only had time to watch the fist of the 4 files, and had to set aside the other 3 until i had time to view them.

Today, I can access the Day 1 second video, hit the "play" button, but then i only get the audio, for the video, I have to login with a
    UserID and a password. BUT, after trying several combinations of user ID and password (USER_ID = acted student re, my email address, and PASSWORD = the 4 digit pin, my acted store password). I cannot get the visual part of the session.

This is strange because I had no trouble with the Day 1 first video, using no login other than pin code provided?

I am not sure if something has changed at the BPP site since last week, but I can no longer access the videos AND I am worried that I will not be able to login to the DAY 2 session

Does anyone know What password and user ID combination to use to both access the files and to login to the online session?
    (i.e. The UserID = ? (my email, my acted student reference number, something else?) and password = (my acted store password?...or something else?)

Note: i have emailed Acted, with this request, but due to timezone differences, this is middle of the night in the UK.

Thank you, in advance.

2. Canuck_Act

Canuck_Act Keen member

3. Canuck_Act

Canuck_Act Keen member

Note: To be more specific regarding the problem viewing the tutorial files, I can still open and view the Day 1 Session 1 file, and I can view The Chat window, the Attendees window (Host and participants) , and the "Share 10 - Colin McKee window", or the "Slides" window which has the video portion of the tutorial, but in the later sessions, I can only view the The Chat window and the Attendees window (Host and participants) , but the "Slides" window is blank.

I have followed the trouble shooting instructions, such as downloading the adobe app and I will fiddle about to see if i can fix the problem, but i am partly blind, so sometieme cannot see "simple" fixes.

Cheers!

4. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi, This does sound a bit odd, and you should certainly be able to access all of the sessions, audio + video, using the login and password sent to you in the email by ActEd that contained the links (not your student number, email or store password). You have emailed ActEd already, but I will email admin again and draw their attention to this link, and someone should get back to you. I have not heard of any other student that is having issues, so it sounds like something at your side. And I have never heard of the issue that you describe where part of the video is visible and part is not. They will get in touch by email rather than over the forum so that you can check and share passwords etc.

5. Canuck_Act

Canuck_Act Keen member

PROBLEM SOLVED!
    The Acted folks emailed me this morning and helped fix my problem (Well, this problem anyways....my other problems?...not sure if any mortal being can fix them....:):D)

Thanks ActEd/BPP and thanks, Colin!