1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Marine and Aviation Liability Policyholder

Discussion in 'SP7' started by Kunjesh Parikh, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Kunjesh Parikh

Kunjesh Parikh Very Active Member

Who takes out marine and aviation liability insurance? Manufacturer or the operator? Asking because the measure of exposure section for MnA liability mentions that turnover is not an accurate measure of risk, since for a manufacturer, there can be years when there was zero turnover, yet have significant exposure (losses occuring basis), indicating manufacturer takes it out. However, the perils for MnA are any damage to third party property or life caused by the vehicle. Now, these perils looks like being more relevant to the operator of the vehicle. Manufacturer shouldn't be concerned here. Plus, if manufacturer needs protection, will not he take out product liability instead?

2. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

It's the operator. I can't find any reference in the notes to the manufacturer under the marine and aviation liability section...have you got the chapter and page number for me to check?

3. Kunjesh Parikh

Kunjesh Parikh Very Active Member

Thanks for the quick reply Ian!!! Okay, you can find it on page 124. I am using CMP 2019. If page reference has changed, then the section is 1.4 of chapter 03.

4. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Ah, well that's why, that's an old error that was changed a while ago. I strongly recommend you get the up to date material as much has changed since then.

Kunjesh Parikh likes this.