SAR Request

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Act_SMC, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Act_SMC

Act_SMC Member

Has anybody requested their SAR for the September exams in advance of results? I doubt you would receive them before results but I wouldn't mind getting my question breakdown back ASAP

2. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

For the April diet, i had requested months back but got the breakdown 2 hours after the release of the exam results on the same day. You would never receive it before release of results.

3. newkid

newkid Ton up Member

Being curious - did you pass the exams?

4. BrianCunningham

BrianCunningham Active Member

I normally submit the request the day after I sit the paper. They won't release the data early, naturally, but I guess they process them in the order received. I forgot to do so for the April sitting, but I still had them within a week of the results coming out in July.

5. nyaman

nyaman Very Active Member

I requested my SAR before exam results were out early November 2020 and I have not yet received it. I really do not know whats causing the delay. I expected I would receive it just after the results were released on 17 December 2020. Have others received their SAR?

6. Dar_Shan0209

Just received it. It now is within the members' area rather than sent out by mail.

7. BrianCunningham

I was about to post that an ex-colleague of mine had gotten hers and that it was in the Members' area. She had gotten an email to say it was there - did you? I can't seem to find anything relevant when I log in. What section is it in for you?
    I requested my SAR just after I got back to work after sitting my exam (and have the auto-generated email from the DPO). Normally I would have gotten an email within a few days of the results having come out with the report in it.

8. Dar_Shan0209

Yes, i got an email to say it is within the member's area. It is within the exam result letter area, below there is a section called "breakdown of result".

9. BrianCunningham

Thanks for that. As yet no email for me and no change to the exam result letter area. I might give them a nudge.

10. johnpaul1234

johnpaul1234 Member

I have got the email and they are available under "My Exam" section. Just btw, has anyone ever succeeded in appealing for mark variance between markers?

11. Dar_Shan0209

As far as I know, you cannot appeal under this. Have a read at the appeal policy, there is a list of pre-defined answers that your application will be rejected.

12. nyaman

I have not received any email to that effect. I have also checked my member account on the web and that section for breakdown of result is not showing at all. Am now worried. :(

13. Dar_Shan0209

Perhaps, wait until Friday as there may have been several thousands of requests? Don't worry I don't think they will miss sending you yours.

14. nyaman

Thanks Darshan for your response. I guess I will have to wait until Friday its just that it has taken longer than I expected and it is kind of derailing my revision plans for that particular exam.

15. Ace123

Ace123 Member

I was previously advised that the law states 40 days from date results released, but the institute aim for 30 day turn around.

Regarding the variance of the marks - is there anybody we can complain to that's not the institute ? or if the variance of the marks are high expect some level of response to explain why - it's hard to study when you don't know a weakness or strength is when marks are so different.

16. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

Has your script been marked by a third person? If so, I would go with that mark as it should be a senior marker.

17. johnpaul1234

johnpaul1234 Member

my first marker failed me by 1.5 marks, the second failed me by 10 marks.
    there are parts where mark variance is significant, e.g. one marker gave 4.5/6 and another 0/6, one marker gave 2/12 and another 6/12 ......

18. johnpaul1234

johnpaul1234 Member

if the appeal is not for mark variance then what is its purpose ?!

19. Yasmin

Yasmin Member

I sent in a request for my SAR pre the results and have hence received them already. I seem to notice an apparent trend, wherein when a third marker gets brought in, they usually give me a lower score than the 1st and 2nd marker. This has happened three times to me already. Has anyone else experienced this in the past? I don't understand why this is the case?

20. BrianCunningham

It's there now for me, didn't get an email but it's there now, in the Exam Letter Section.

21. nyaman

For me its still the same nothing is showing in the exam letter section.