1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

SP5 and SA7 together

Discussion in 'SP5' started by Ashwin Shrivastava, Dec 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ashwin Shrivastava

Ashwin Shrivastava Active Member

Is there anyone who has attempted both these exams in one sitting? If yes, could you please elaborate on the pros and cons of doing it in the same attempt.

I have already attempted SP5 twice. Failed this attempt by 5 marks.

2. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

I wrote them independently in subsequent attempts, so I don't fulfill your criteria but I'd say there is significant overlap between the two in terms of content, with SA7 absorbing all that's in SP5 + parts of SP6, CP1, CB1, CB2 . SA7 requires a lot more intuition & focus on big picture narrative while SP5 requires a deterministic problem solving approach. Studying SA7 together with SP5 can only boost your chances of SP5 pass at the least.

3. Ashwin Shrivastava

Ashwin Shrivastava Active Member

Thanks so much. I guess I'll go ahead with both, it will definitely help me with SP5.