Questions on FAP

Discussion in 'CP1' started by KUMAR SUDHEER RAJ, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Hi
    Few question I had considering FAP ?
    1- After the completion of CS, CM & CB exam , can one directly write FAP from SOA ? I mean how much is the level of connections from earlier subjects encompassing 8 modules of FAP.
    2- Is anyone on the group planning to write FAP next year . We can collaborate.
    3- How much time it generally takes to clear FAP ?

Answers will be much appreciated before I purchase study material for CP1.

Thanks !

2. MP3

MP3 Member

There is no connection of FAP with CT series. it generally takes 6 months to clear FAP but i have seen folks completing it in 2 months also so entirely depends on your speed.

KUMAR SUDHEER RAJ likes this.
  3. Yeah. Thanks for answering . By connection here I mean should I have studied these (CM, CS & CBs )papers before attempting FAP?
    The syllabus of FAP closely resembles that of CP1. Also the actuarialoutpost seems to have removed the earlier posts on FAP.

4. MP3

MP3 Member

i don't think that FAP is connected with CM, CS & CB series. Atleast, I didn't find any connection. FAP is more general and requires writing skills, lots of thinking and you can google about the assignment to get little bit of understanding.

5. Thanks mate ! So you are done with FAP ?
    How is the structure of the modules 1-7 & module 8 . I mean the nature of exams . Do you have any correct answer for a question or its situation based.
    Generally what is the average no. of students pass in FAP?
    How much time is required for completing assignments 1-8.

I had some of these initial questions before I decide to jump in considering high in price- this one.

6. MP3

MP3 Member

i am done with FAP. I think most of the people are able to complete FAP in 6 months. these are assignments based exams where you are asked to write about topics considering different type of audience. Sit is little difficult to understand the question but not that difficult, you can google alot or maybe read FAP material multiple times

7. Congratulations on passing the FAP. Thank You for the answers and the information provided. That will help.