1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Sitting ST1 & SA1 together

Discussion in 'SA1' started by Kissingercmm, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Kissingercmm

Kissingercmm Member

Hi all,

I’m planning to do both SP1 and SA1 at the next session in April. Does anybody ever sat one ST and one SA at the same session? Did you succeed with both or any of the two?

Is that something you think possible within the next 21 weeks (20h study a week = 420 h for SA1 and ST1 )

Thanks for your help.

Chris.

2. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Chris

We have students that regularly sit both SA1 and SP1 together. If you do decide to do this, it is important to have a good handle on the SP1 material before starting on SA1. It very much builds on SP1 and assumes a good knowledge of the health and care products. If you do tutorials, I would suggest an early SP1 tutorial to become familiar with the material. Alternatively, you might find the SP1 Online Classroom useful to get ahead with the material before starting SA1.

We tend to run 1 SA1 block tutorial (which hasn't been advertised yet).

There are differences in the way to approach answers for SP and SA level exams (but that would be the same whenever you do the exams).

I'll let other students respond on success rates :)

Best wishes
    Sarah

Kissingercmm likes this.
  3. Kissingercmm

Kissingercmm Member

Thanks Sarah for your feedback.

4. KMER94

KMER94 Member

Hi! I'm sitting SP2 & SA2 together this sitting and have a similar amount of time per week planned for my prep. However, I have already read through the SP2 notes last sitting (before I found out I needed to do a resit). So I've gone straight in with questions on SP2. But I'm one of those people that has to be very prepared for an exam to have enough confidence to attempt it so I try to overdo it.. if you're more efficient than me I reckon you should be ok!

Kissingercmm likes this.
  5. Kissingercmm

Kissingercmm Member

Thanks for your answer. How many hours are you planning to spend studying both exams?