Section 3 in L-20. Risk models 2

Discussion in 'CS2' started by NewStudent, Oct 18, 2020.

1. NewStudent

NewStudent Active Member

Section 3 of L -20 Risk models 2 is about parameter variability / uncertainty.

It says that it does not address any specific syllabus objectives.

However it contains lot of R code and examples.

Is that content examinable?

More precisely, are there any past exam questions from CT6/CS2 on this section? If not what is the likelihood of questions from this section coming in Paper B or Paper A of CS2 exam of IFoA and IAI?

Note: It says this section provides useful material for applying risk models in practice. But I don't work in Insurance. I only want to study enough to pass exams.

2. NewStudent

NewStudent Active Member

I hope any Acted tutor guides me for this difficult section.

Also, what is the best way to study R code in section 3? Do I have to memorize all different examples or understand only general techniques and try to apply them in exam?

3. Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hello

It is examinable. Any Core Reading (including the R examples) is examinable. It hasn't been examined as frequently as some other topics but there are some past questions. For example, question 8 in CT6 April 2013.

I'm afraid I don't know how likely this topic is to come up in any future exam.

When it comes to the code, I would recommend understanding the R techniques in general. You can then apply these to whatever scenario may come up in the exam. I also recommend using the Paper B online Resources (PBOR) available on our VLE to assist you in studying the code.

All the best

Andy

4. NewStudent

NewStudent Active Member

Thanks for your guidance.