1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Complex derivative strategy questions

Discussion in 'SA7' started by no_name, Sep 23, 2020.

1. no_name

no_name Member

Hi - I struggled with understanding the derivative strategy in question 3(i) of the mock paper under timed conditions. Are there any other questions similar to this that I can practice?

2. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi, It is a tricky question, but like many questions in SA7, they can be quite unique. Its hard to find a question in past exams that matches up closely with this one, but there are many that involve a hedging strategy of some sort where you are asked to "discuss the risks of the strategy", including repo and swap hedging strategies, hedging strategies for specific liabilities, or even structured products.

no_name likes this.
  3. no_name

no_name Member

Thanks Colin - I've not found on as difficult as this when I went through the past papers so wondering if there was anything equivalent. Maybe it's a good sign there isn't!

4. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Glad to hear that my Mocks are challenging.

no_name likes this.