1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Out of Scope Questions

Discussion in 'SA2' started by allseemfunny, Sep 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. allseemfunny

allseemfunny Member

Does anyone have a list made up of questions that are out of scope?

For example I am looking at Q1 (i) in September 2015 which says to outline the 12 EEV Principles but this is no longer in the syllabus

2. Em Francis

Em Francis ActEd Tutor Staff Member

ASET (2014-2017 papers) has the grid of past exam questions broken down by chapter from the April 2008 paper to Sept 2017. This grid also indicates questions which are not in scope.
    Yes, the 12 EEV principles are no longer in the syllabus, however it is still worth attempting the question as you still need to know
    the general principles that are likely to apply to embedded value calculations (as outlined in the CR) which are very similar.

3. Trainee_Act

Trainee_Act Keen member

Hi,
    For the older questions, on the Act Ed summary grid for April 2013 Q3 has been included - is the Retail Distribution Review still on the course?
    Thanks.

4. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi - not explicitly, but we have kept the question in the list because we believe that the concepts covered remain examinable. In fact, you don't need to know anything about the RDR to answer part (i) as the details are provided in the question wording, and for part (ii) you simply need to know that there is no longer any commission payable (switched to a fee basis), which is in any case implied by the question wording.