plaguerism

Discussion in 'SP5' started by yogesh167, Aug 25, 2020.

1. yogesh167

yogesh167 Member

Hello

Hope you are doing well.

I have understood plagiarism. But just want to know that I am appearing for the exam third time and have learnt a few portions of our syllabus word to word from study material thoroughly. I have prepared my notes on similar lines as well. I plan to learn it more thoroughly just before the exam and of course there are chances that I may recall the words exactly same as study material during exam.

Does this still mean that I should avoid writing the learnt words from study material during the online exam and still re frame the sentence as it may contribute to plagiarism.
    Please confirm this important information.

Secondly, is it fine to insert excel worksheet for any numerical in the word document for any SP5 numerical question or can I use snipping tool screenshot of excel calculations into my word document as well.

Regards
    Yogesh

2. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Yogesh,

With regard to your first question, please see our comments in https://www.acted.co.uk/forums/index.php?posts/66117/

With regard to your second question, our current understanding is that you should not embed any objects into your Word document.

As mentioned in the post referenced above, we understand that the IFoA are currently reviewing their guidance and so hopefully we should all receive some more advice in the near future. In addition they have said, on their website, that they intend to hold webinars to guide candidates in the techniques required for success in our new format examinations.

Hopefully the updated guidance and webinars, when they appear, will provide us all with greater clarity on the issues you raise.

Best wishes

David

3. https://www.actuaries.org.uk/learn-develop/attend-event

The IFoA website is the worst for navigating! My friend found the two exam prep webinars (which I don't think the IFoA have actually announced). The first one on 10 Sept is already fully booked so only 17 Sept remaining via the link

4. yogesh167

yogesh167 Member

Thank you